As SEO continues to evolve, it’s clear that content marketing is absolutely critical for any recruitment agency that wants to perform well on Google (which is basically everyone). Content for your website is something that we talk about a lot at Reverse Delta and we’ve built the FXRecruiter platform to make sure that the “technical side” of SEO is all built in to the system (so that your keywords are optimised to drive your audience to your website). Content marketing is also a brilliant way to engage your ideal client so that they get to know, like and trust your recruitment agency. So, what is content marketing and why should it be a major part of your 2020 marketing strategy?
Reverse Delta has recently appointed Rachel Allen as a content and social media specialist. Rachel now writes the Reverse Delta blog and wants to explain more about content marketing and how it can work for recruiters.
“A content strategy is vital for every business in 2020. The ultimate objective is to drive revenue, but it’s a great way to get people into your sales funnel, so that you are ready to build a relationship with them until they are ready to buy from you.”
What does content marketing look like?
- A simple blog post or news item on your website.
- A case study or testimonial from one of your clients.
- Gated content such as a white paper or ebook that people can access by providing their email address. This is a great way to begin to nurture leads.
- Videos and podcasts are brilliant content if you’re feeling confident and can be used to generate lots more content.
You can use social media – both paid for and regular posts – to drive people to your website, where they can view your content. This is the aim of the game for content marketing – to give people a reason to visit your website. It’s really important that you set up your website for conversion too – you want people to take some action on your site. We cover that later in this blog post.
How do you know what content to put on your recruitment agency website?
Adding value is the single most important element of a content strategy. You want your prospects to get to know, like and trust you. Content marketing isn’t selling. It’s about showing that you understand the prospect’s problem and demonstrating solutions to that problem. Some of the solutions might not even be something that you offer, but if a prospect implements a piece of your advice, and it works, then they will trust that you are an expert in your field when you start to have a conversation about buying a product or service.
How can you make sure your content marketing strategy is effective?
- Plan your approach – or you’ll miss opportunities to engage with your target customer
- Listen – check out what goes on in your sector but add your own take on your content
- Engage – content marketing is about two-way communication so make sure there’s an opportunity to discuss your content
- Deliver – promote your content through social media and other blogs
- Review – check your stats in your recruitment agency website CMS, Google Analytics and applicant tracking system (ATS)
Examples of brilliant content marketing
Ascendant Recruitment – a Buckinghamshire based recruiter of sales and admin staff, who regularly engage their candidates on clients through their blog and social media.
Birchbox – these guys (sorry not recruitment) do a brilliant job of sharing great advice and guidance through their blog, all the time driving people to their site from a range of social media content
HelloFresh – a ruthlessly ambitious start-up, these guys create their own content but also focus on creating user-generated content which proves to be very effective in this competitive space.
How can an FXRecruiter website support your content marketing strategy?
There are some brilliant features in your FXRecruiter website – so there’s loads of opportunities to deliver valuable content for your audience just by maximising tools that you’ve already got:
- Content Management System (CMS) – you can easily add blog posts, video blogs, insight articles and news posts which will be packed full of relevant, recruitment sector keywords. FXRecruiter will make sure its all “SEO compliant” in terms of URL’s, titles, page structures etc
- Campaign pages – with the CMS, you can easily build campaign pages to support any campaigns you are running
- Video job ads – these make for brilliant content for your website and can be easily shared on your social media
- Meet the team and consultant profiles – an excellent part of your FXRecruiter website, these areas help clients and candidates see who they will be dealing with and are really popular on social media too!
- Client microsites – this extra feature is very popular if you recruit for a particular client. You can build a microsite to support your client’s recruitment process, providing specific information relating to their company, culture and values.
- Talent board – you can share (anonymously) lots of information about the brilliant candidates that you’ve got on your books – again great content for your website which will perform brilliantly on Google.
If you want more information about how content marketing can support your sales process, please get in touch with Rachel Allen on email@example.com or you can speak to Reverse Delta’s Commercial Director, Peter Morrow to discuss how you can add some extra features on to your current recruitment agency website on (0)8000 199 737 or by email – firstname.lastname@example.org